Raw Nutrients Turmeric Plus
Turmeric, a spice that has long been recognized for its medicinal properties, has received interest from both the medical/scientific world and from culinary enthusiasts, as it is the major source of the polyphenol curcumin.
It aids in the management of oxidative and inflammatory conditions, metabolic syndrome, arthritis, anxiety, and hyperlipidemia.It may also help in the management of exercise-induced inflammation and muscle soreness, thus enhancing recovery and performance in active people. In addition, a relatively low dose of the complex can provide health benefits for people that do not have diagnosed health conditions.
Most of these benefits can be attributed to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Ingesting curcumin by itself does not lead to the associated health benefits due to its poor bioavailability, which appears to be primarily due to poor absorption, rapid metabolism, and rapid elimination.
There are several components that can increase bioavailability. For example, piperine is the major active component of black pepper and, when combined in a complex with curcumin, has been shown to increase bioavailability by 2000%.
Per 1 capsule serve:
- Turmeric root (Curcuma longa) 500 mg
- Rosemary Herb (Rosmarinus officinalis) 80 mg
- Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale) 80 mg
- Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) 50 mg
Other ingredients: Nil. Tapioca capsule.
DIRECTIONS AND PRECAUTIONS
Adults and children 12 years or older: Take 1 capsule with a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional. Take 15 minutes before a meal. Expect yellow stools.
- If you are pregnant or lactating or have any history of liver, gallbladder or gastrointestinal problems, please consult a healthcare professional prior to use
- Always read the label. Use only as directed
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children
- Do not use if seal under cap is damaged or missing