Helps Maintain Normal Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels in Healthy People.
In healthy people, policosanol has been shown to or may:
- Improve the LDL:HDL ratio.1
- Assist the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels.1
- Easy once a day prescribing for improved compliance.
- A literature review of policosanol and cholesterol studies, have shown 10 mg of policosanol to effectively assist the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels and improve the LDL:HDL ratio in healthy individuals. These studies have reported significant differences in total cholesterol by 17% and in low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol by 21%. There were also significant differences in high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol by 8% (Figure One).1
- Naturally derived, policosanol: Cholesstanol contains policosanols that are naturally derived sugar cane wax alcohols. Policosanol has been shown to assist the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels and improve the LDL:HDL ratio in healthy volunteers in several clinical trials.1,2,3 The mechanism of action for the reduction in cholesterol synthesis is via interference with the catalytic activity of HMG CoA reductase.4 A study has also demonstrated policosanol to decrease the susceptibility of LDL-C to lipid peroxidation in vitro.2
Figure One: Policosanol and LDL:HDL Ratio.
Gouni-Berthold I & Berthold HK. Policosanol: Clinical pharmacology and therapeutic significance of a new lipid-lowering agent. American Heart Journal 2002; 143(2); 356-365.
Free from animal products, corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, starches and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Adults: Take 1 tablet daily.
Each tablet contains:
Sugar cane wax alcohol