5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) is the most active metabolite of folic acid, bypassing all of the enzymatic activation steps in the conversion of folic acid to the biologically active 5-MTHF. Directly utilised by the body, 5-MTHF supports healthy methylation, homocysteine metabolism, DNA replication and foetal development.
- Contains 5-MTHF, the most active form of folic acid.
- Supports a healthy brain and nervous system function.
- Supports healthy methylation pathways and homocysteine metabolism.
- Is involved in growth and cellular replication, and supports healthy replication of DNA through healthy DNA methylation.
- Provides 500mcg of 5-MTHF (active folate), which contributes to the normal growth of the foetus.
- If taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of women having a child with birth defects of the brain and/or spinal cord such as the neural tube defects known as spina bifida and anencephaly.
- Helps maintain normal blood by helping to form red blood cells and assisting with their function.
Each capsule contains:
equiv. 5-MTHF (active folate)
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice.
- If you have had a baby with neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek medical advice.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.